There are many ways to damage teeth, from biting down on a bone to getting hit in the mouth with a ball during a game of catch. No matter what happened to your smile, there’s a good chance we can fix it with dental crowns and bridges in Highland Heights.Doctor Theiss on Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
Dental crowns and bridges can help you restore your bite, keep your teeth in great shape. Generally, we’re crowning teeth that have a problem. They have a crack, they’re a broken tooth. So we'll go ahead, put a crown on that teeth, and it almost acts like a helmet, so you get a nice, strong tooth that you can bite and function and chew with again.
Bridgework can also help replace missing teeth so you don't have those gaps and spaces, and your teeth don't drift anew. It's a great service for each and every patient.
A dental crown will:
- Restore your full oral functionality
- Keep a damaged tooth intact so you can avoid the hassle of an extraction and problems like nearby teeth shifting out of place
- Protect your tooth from suffering further damage
- When used with a dental implant, fill a space created by a missing tooth
- Make your smile look as good as new again, or maybe even better
To see if a crown or bridge can repair your smile, call 859-900-0919 for a free consultation.
From Cracks to Decay, Crowns Can Repair Many Problems
A dental crown is one of the most versatile dental restorations. Dr. James D. Theiss can use a crown to:
- Fix a cracked or broken tooth
- Seal a tooth shut after performing a root canal
- Repair a cavity too large for a tooth filling
- Conceal cosmetic imperfections like stubborn stains
Dr. Theiss will remove part of your tooth to create room for the crown. He’ll numb you with local anesthesia. He’ll then make an impression of your tooth and send it to an outside dental lab where your crown is created. He’ll provide you with a temporary crown to wear in the meantime.
Your custom crown will be made of porcelain or another high-quality material that will last for many years with proper care. When your crown arrives, he’ll ensure it fits perfectly before securely cementing it into place.
Replace Missing Teeth With an Implant Crown or a Dental Bridge
With or without dental implants, we can use crowns to fill gaps left by missing teeth. Dr. Theiss can attach one crown to one implant for a single tooth replacement. To replace a single tooth or several missing teeth, we might recommend:
- A Standard Fixed Bridge – We’ll attach crowns to the teeth on either side of the gap in your smile to support your bridge.
- An Implant-Supported Bridge – We’ll anchor your bridge in place with implants, so we won’t have to remove enamel from healthy teeth.
Fix Your Problem With the Right Dental Restoration
While we use crowns to fix many problems, we may recommend a different dental restoration for:
- Small Cracks – While large cracks will need a crown, we can sometimes repair minor damage with a dental veneer instead of a crown.
- Certain Cavities – We prefer to use a restoration that preserves as much of your tooth structure as possible. So we may repair a cavity with a filling, an inlay, or an onlay.
For dental crowns and bridges in Highland Heights, call 859-900-0919.